Sunday

I'm Back!

Lord, have I been gone long! What with taking possession of and moving into our new home (LOVE it), getting hit hard with a wicked cold, and falling smack-dab into the middle of my busiest time of year .. well, its been hard to get to blogging. Oh, and becoming the proud owner of Guitar Hero III didn't help much, either (*side note: can ANYONE give me tips on how to defeat Lou on Medium? I'm stuck!). I'm not a video game person by anymeans, but if you haven't played this, you're missing out. Seriously!

Anyways, I'm back, and eager to get going. Lets hope there are a few of you left after my extended abscence!

I've been emailed by a ton of fantastic wedding companies as of late, all with fabulous products for your perusal. Over the next few weeks I'll highlight my favs from the bunch, as well as making a small contest announcement. Sadly, as it IS Easter Sunday, I've got family gatherings to get to ... as such, I'm going to leave you with two small tidbits:

First of all, just yesterday I stumbled across a fantabulous on-line store called http://www.uncommongoods.com/ . For anyone looking for highly unique items to list on a registry (or, hell, to simply purchase on your own), this is the place for you. Some are a bit out-there, all are completely different from anything you'll find in a store. I've got my sights set on a few things already ... now just to convince the husband. Here's a couple that caught my eye (apologies the pics are so small, but believe me .. these items are adorable!):


Tidbit #2: The lovely Amira, owner of Posh Productions (an event company located here in Calgary), emailed me a short while ago with a tip for all you ladies on your Big Day. According to Amira "A great product I use and also have in my [wedding] emergency kit is Wine Away. It's a product that gets red wine stains out of bridal gowns. It also works great on other fabrics and pretty much anything that you get red wine on. Fabulous buy and works wonders!" Amira also noted that bottles of this run $12 here in Calgary, and can be found in many wine stores. Thanks, Amira! Hopefully we'll be hearing more from her and Posh Productions over the next few months. In the meanwhile, please check out her brand-spanking new blog for tips directly from a wedding planner at http://poshproductionscalgary.blogspot.com/.

Thats all for now. Expect me to be back on my weekly (and, occasionally, bi-weekly) posting schedule from now on. Ta!

*all images from http://www.uncommongoods.com/*

7 comments:

Posh Productions said...

Uncommon Goods has some fantastic and unique items. It makes me wish I was getting married again so I would have an excuse to set up a registry.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog for the first time! I'm a fellow Albertan (from edm). Love those cuff links - where can you get them?

Dynamite Weddings said...

Wine Away is a garment saver! I've also heard (and experienced) white wine gets red wine out. Sounds silly..I know, but true. In regards to Guitar Hero, we have a few brides that write in with the same addiction. I'm surprised no Guitar Hero blog has popped up yet?

Anonymous said...

Uncommon Goods is great, i added them to our registry after reading about new ideas for wedding registries. The tradditional ones get so boring sometimes.

Andra said...

Thanks for all your comments, ladies!

Melissa, you can purchase those cufflinks at http://www.uncommongoods.com. I believe there is a search feature for "weddings" on there that they are listed under. Happy hunting!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your wedding blog and it is really interesting and has some really nice ideas. Love things that aren't the ordinary, same old, same old. Very classy!

Mindi
www.fotoverdi.com

Anonymous said...

We are using Amira @ Posh this weekend for our wedding. It was a nice surprise to see her and for her tip on your site. Crossing my fingers I don't get wine on my dress.