Sunday

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy mother's day to my mom and all the other mother's out there. If you haven't done it already, make sure you give the woman you call mom a call/hug/gift/million dollars, and thank her for putting up with your bridezilla-esq moments these past few months (come on, admit it .... you know there's been a few .... remember that little "incident" with the caterer? Yah, NOW you remember).

During my own wedding planning, both my mom and mother-in-law stood by me as a shoulder to cry on, a resource to go to with ideas and, lets face, it pure, unadulterated slave labour. My wedding would not have been what it was without both of their help. And hell, I guess I wouldn't even be here if good 'ole Judy hadn't dragged me around inside of her for 9 months (actually, I was more than two weeks overdue, so sorry about that too, mom. I guess my lateness problems go back to the womb). So here's my gift to you, mother-of-my-heart ... everlasting fame with a photo of us together in my blog. Now that I've revealed what you look like, the paparazzi should be at your door any moment ..... Just kidding. But here's a pic of the simple little card I whipped up to give to my mom today:

I know, I know, I know that I was extremely lucky in that both my mom and my MIL were on the same wave-length as me for wedding ideas so we never actually had any issues. And I know that many of you ladies think that moms-and-weddings shoulnd't be in the same sentence, but here's the thing. Regardless of what craziness transpires between you and your beloved mother while planning your wedding, keep this in mind -- she is only acting this way because she truly, dearly wants you to have an amazing wedding day. Honestly. Perhaps her ideas are a bit off, perhaps you two are fighting like cats and dogs, but she really does just want everything to be perfect.

So go on, give her a hug, give her a card, give her something to say "Thanks"

No comments: