Tuesday

I Love This Blog ...

... and you will too!

Fairly optimistic for my first post, but its in keeping with #327 on "Andra's New Year's 2007 Resolutions" list (er,"Be more optimistic", for those of you who don't happen to have a copy).

Seriously, though ... I really hope you do grow to love this blog. It was started as a direct result of my own futile search for locally-based wedding info, tips, & suggestions for my 2006 destination wedding/at-home reception. Even though Calgary is growing at an astronomical rate, even though the city is flooded with hip young people, and even though the wedding industry in the city is positively booming -- the focus still continues to be on Toronto & Vancouver as "style icons". Quite rightly, they both are great cities with great senses of style ... but I'm tired of my beautiful hometown always being the ugly step-sister. Calgary has some amazing things going on, and its time to start bringing them to light!

The primary focus of this blog will be on trend-spotting the Calgary wedding scene, as well as noting incredible vendors & resources. Of course, since we live in a web-based world (ahem), there will still be loads of on-line resources for your non-Calgarian viewing pleasure, too (I'm currently fantasizing about a nation-wide unification of all Canadian brides-to-be on this blog, but I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself ... ). As I recently opened my own custom-invitation company (Epiphany Designs) in Calgary, there will also be occasional updates in regards to that as well. Gotta stay in touch with my customers!

So who am I? My name's Andra, and like the title of the blog says, I LOVE weddings. Anything to do with weddings. I stumbled across this passion while planning my own, and even though I've been married the ripe 'ole time of 5 months, I just can't shake the habit. So to you, I pass on my knowledge.

Lets hope I've got something useful to say!

No comments: