Saturday

No Longer Just For The Famous ...

Are you saddened by the fact that some important people won't be able to attend your wedding due to distance? Perhaps you're having a destination wedding, or perhaps you simply have family far out-of-town?

While trolling the web recently (yes, I said trolling), I came across a great new concept to help solve this dilema. At Webcast My Wedding, they offer you the opportunity to do exactly that -- broadcast your wedding live on the internet! For the cost of $395 US, you get live stream that is able to support up to 25 simultaneous viewers (with more available), and a 30-day archive of the event. All you need is a video camera, a computer, and an internet connection.

I have to admit, my first reaction upon veiwing this website was "who on earth would actually pay for this?". However. A girl's allowed to change her mind, isn't she?

The more I think about it, the better an idea this becomes. I know from first-hand experience (my own wedding) that a destination wedding means fewer of those "important" people in attendence. Often, these people would love to be there, but for various reasons are unable to attend. Having live-streaming video means that, in a small way, they can still feel as though they witnessed the wedding.

I also know there are a lot of you out there who have family in different regions of Canada, or even in different countries, who won't be making it to your big day. How great would it be for them to see it actually unfold before them? Live?

Again, just a small idea on my internet forays. Hope it helps at least one of you out!

No comments: